Thursday 22 July 2010

My Flat Pack Hell

I feel like I have been run over by a train!

6.30am - out running for 28 mins, covering 4.08km

7.00am - showering, making a cup of tea, finishing off teacher/friend leaving cards (inserts)

8.15am - walking the dog to the fields, popping to the shop

8.50am - back home - commence housework

8.55am - Argos arrive with our new bedroom furniture (2 hours early but hey!)

9.15am - finish housework and start on the flat pack

11.30am - finish first set of drawers (I made a few mistakes alright!!! lol)

11.35am - start second set of drawers - by now I am aching all over and so I am slow, even though I know what I am doing this time!

1.25pm - finsh the drawers and make me some lunch.



Spent the rest of the afternoon, hobbling about, picking up Jess and feeling like I have been in a fight with something that fights better than me!

Jason has just got home from work and has kindly suggested fish and chips for tea (yay) so I can continue to take it easy now.

That Flat Packing is HARD physical work!! (can't believe they took me 4 hrs, really didn't think I was working slow, but they have those metal slidy door mechanism that require a lot of work and instead of nice little nails to hammer the back bit in place I had screws! SCREWS - it took forever!)
These came yesterday (I really wanted to do a 'oooooo look at the pretty colours pic, but I am lets just say a better scrapper than I am a photographer!) They are for my sewing machine that I will receive in 1 week when I turn 35!! Can't wait to have a play!!

1 comment:

  1. You have been a busy bee today.
    Those drawers are lovely (bet it's not every day you get a compliment on your drawers !!)
    You must be so excited about your new sewing machine x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...