Thursday 1 July 2010

The Big News

Well the big news is that today I ran 20 mins without stopping, it was Week 5 Day 3 and this is the dreaded run for all c25k runners. All of a sudden you jump from running for 8 mins at a time to this massive 20 min non stop run.

I slowed my pace down right from the start, and just kept plowing on. My pace didn't really change throughout - there is a tricky bit of the field lap that I run that I always seem to struggle on and it was no different today, especially running into the wind so I think I was slightly slower on that quarter of the lap.

I had no way of knowing how far I was into the run as I did not listen to the usual podcast today and choose to have my own music playing. When Jason lapped me I asked him how much longer and was really surprised to find that I only had 3min40secs to go!

Feel very chuffed with myself!

Crafting wise I have been very busy with a couple of projects which I can't show you yet (secret squirrel stuff!!)

And because every post needs a pic, heres one of Jess (on the left) at her sports day yesterday with her new(ish) haircut that she made me do last week :(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...