Tuesday 27 September 2011

The start of my winter blanket

Typical that as the weather warms up for one last hurrah this week, I have started my 'Winter Warmer' blanket!








I saw this colour combo on this blog here confident though I am in my colour choices in other things, I do seem to struggle with crochet, so when I saw this colour combo I knew it was a winner for me!








It is supposed to be a treble crochet (US double crochet) but as seems to be the norm for me and crochet I got it all arse about face and have instead done it extended double stitch. No matter it looks lovely and is a nice tight stitch, it will certainly be warm when its done!




The nice thing about this is its a sit in front of the telly and hook blanket, its the same stitch over and over and once you get going you can do it with great ease repetitively.




Its been a busy old day today, another last mintute(ish) commission that I had to get done, bedsheet washing day (ugggghhh I hate making beds), ironing, cleaning the bathroom. Jess is at netball, Joe is about to go to air cadets, 2 separate dinners to make, people in, people out and all this on not very much sleep last night. I was up at 1am eating weetabix, for some reason I got a low blood sugar attack and got the shakes! 1.30am saw Jason almost fall out of bed whilst sleeping and I had the pleasure of being up every hour for the loo! Happy days - or should I say nights!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, what a night you had! Love your colours, reminds me of christmas

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...