Wednesday 26 January 2011

Polka Dot Obsession

This is a bit of a bits and bobs post.

Every crafter likes Polka Dots right? Its always one of my favourite styles of patterned paper, that and grids. I decided to get a few more polka dot tools to add to my collection last week. A quick browse through ebay and I decided on these two embossing folders and a polka stamp. They are all FABULOUS, i've used the embossing folders on two layouts already and they really add something, I also love that you can use the pattern upside down for a reverse polka. The stamp is so huge I have had to cut it down to fit on my acrylic block. I could really get into embossing folders, its something that has never appealed to me before but I love these polka ones and I have already ordered a woodgrain one that looks so cute.



My replacement craft robo blade arrived at the weekend, my god that thing is sharp and I am having to redo all my settings - I am sure my original blade was never this sharp, even on the smallest depth cap and cut setting it is slicing right through my cutting mat, its lucky that I make my own mats from document wallets and card or that would be an expensive learning curve! I tried it out by cutting this cute heart background/mask, cuts like butter (mat as well *sigh*)





Yesterday I had a mega crafting session, only stopping for a spot of lunch and managed to finish a lo for Twisted Sketches and also do my two layouts for The Scrapbook Magazine (yes I know I am a slow scrapper and it took all day - but I enjoy the process) Sneek 1: (see that reverse polka!!? I'm gonna admit that was an accident, I put the paper in the wrong way, but a happy accident!)





TSM sent me Kaisercraft Bubblegum Hill collection to create with (not released til March) What a lovely collection, I'd never had paid for it, but I really enjoyed playing with it, its really so versatile and I managed to make two layouts that are totally different in style - you'd never guess I used the same set of papers! Sneek 2:





1 comment:

  1. Like the idea of the woodgrain, folder, was that on ebay too? I bought a little embossing machine to make xmas cards with, don't think about using it on LOs.

    Your sneak peeks look good!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...