Wednesday 9 February 2011

Hit the deck running

I have just made a BIG purchase in a bid to get back to running. If you read my blog last summer you will remember that I did the couch to 5k program, and I loved it (as much as you can love getting fit and running around whilst wearing lycra and getting up at 6.15am so you would not be seen wearing the aforementioned lycra)


For various reasons I got out of the habit, which I have kicked myself over and over again about, but now at 10lbs heavier there is NO WAY IN HELL that I am going to be seen in public wearing sportswear and not to mention that the weather is grotty!


So today I ordered a treadmill - yup I am mad! Its bliddy MAHOOSIVE, but I need to get back in control of my fitness and body, these jeans have no extra room in them and I REFUSE to buy more!

Its a rather nice one, its refurbished which means for our budget we got a much better and higher spec than buying brand new. Jason is a runner and so we are going halfs on it and I have just cancelled my Scrapagogo sub to make up for it!

So the plan is to redo couch to 5k, if it goes very well I may skip a week or 2 of the beginning of the course as I found it pretty easy first time round. Hopefully by the better weather I will be back up to 30mins of solid running and will look better again in lycra and so will be able to get in some outdoor running too!

Wish me luck.

1 comment:

  1. I was looking at treadmills at the weekend for steve, did you get yours online? I've been telling him about the couch to 5k programme. Good luck with your training

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...