Tuesday 23 November 2010

Paint everywhere!

I am increasingly using paints and mists and masks more and more in my layouts, from having a complete mental block where mists were concerned I suddenly seem to have clicked with them. I find that when starting your layout with paint or mist it really does look like a dogs dinner to start with and the temptation to throw it in the bin is huge, but really if you are just starting out with using either of these mediums, just PERSERVERE, keep on layering all your other elements and before you know it your dogs dinner will look more like a sumptious three course meal!



On this layout I used LOADS of paint techniques (I normally stick to just the one per page) these techniques are all ones I have used singularly before but this time I went MAD and you know what? I really like it. For the frame I used corrugated card roughly cut into a rectangle, I then covered it in torn up pages from an old book that I have no used for, I liberally covered each torn strip with poster paint (I think Gesso is the proper thing to use but poster paint worked for me!) a bit like the old Paper mache technique. The Poster paint drys but the newsprint is still visible.

If you want to really know how to use paints and mist you should visit this blog, this lady is the QUEEN of all things messy and always provides me lots of inspiration.
And its not just cafty stuff thats getting covered in paint, we are in the throws of decorating our hallway at the moment, here is a pic of our STUPID cat who just could not resist the temptation of the ladder and then could not get down!

1 comment:

  1. Emma, I love your page. Lovely to see you getting all messy : ) Those circles are fab.
    Thanks for the mention. Love you too xxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...