Tuesday 15 May 2012

Sweet as a Strawberry

Hi guys, nice to pop in and see you here!

I have a little card to share with you today, by way of easing me back into crafting as I have had zero desire lately!

Last Wednesday I finally woke up to the news that it was my driving test  - hooray and oh my god all at the same time.

My examiner was very friendly, not chatty, but smiley and with a jolly voice.  I was nervous waiting for my test and was so worried about queueing in traffic and getting clutch leg due to nerves.  I definatley wanted to turn right out of the test centre as I like those routes, of course I was asked to turn left, but during the whole test this eeeire calm descended on me! I had a very stop/start, small residential street kinda route, I didn't get higher than 3rd gear all test.  I luckily didn't get anyone doing anything stupid that I had to deal with, which is a surprise, cos I swear people see the Learner signs and are determined to get passed you/cut in front.  I had a parrallel park, and to my amazement I did it perfectly, probably my best ever.  And then someone zoomed past me at top speed and I hadn't seen them, so I hadn't stopped during reversing, couldn't believe I had failed after such a great manouver!

However I got back to the test centre and was told I had passed!  I just said "oh, really?" Jason says its the most subdued reaction he has ever seen (I like to process things and so often don't react to these sort of things)

I've since been put on Jasons insurance and done a couple of solo drives, took the kids to their dads etc, I am defiantly not doing my best driving right now, I need to settle into it and feel a bit nervy/edgey but I am sure that will pass.  I parked up in Tescos on Sat, I was dreading parking, but it was ok, slightly over the edge but it was quiet there so I just left it at that!!!

Its been great for the waistline this driving test/passing malarkey, hardly felt like eating all week!

I don't think its sunk in yet, still can't believe i'm allowed to get in a car and drive it on my own, feels so surreal to me right now.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on passing your test! love yor card too Tx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!!
    I'm so so pleased for you : )
    Give it a little while and you won't know how you managed without a car.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...