Monday 16 April 2012

We interupt this neglected blog to bring you.....

....an actual post!

I've had a self imposed little break from posting, for one thing I simply haven't made a thing apart from 3 layouts for an assignment.  I've had a lazy uninspired Easter break.  2 Weeks ago my gran died, she was 97 and senile as well as practically blind and practically deaf, live wasn't fun or fulfilling for her anymore and she was in a great deal of emotional pain and stuck in a hospital bed in a care home.  I'm glad she finally let go and died peacefully in her sleep in the afternoon.

We had her funeral on Friday, it was a time of great stress for me as I hardly know that side of my family and I haven't seen my father since I was 11.  I was relieved to find out that he wasn't coming over from New Zealand and I didn't have to worry about meeting him again.  In the end the funeral was as nice as these things can be.

Easter was quiet and uneventful, Joe managed to give himself a cracker of a bruise on his cheek by kneeing himself whilst trampolining, we were calling him chipmunk for a while whilst it was swollen, and its now turned all the colours of the rainbow but is still stubbornly hanging on.

Jess had a sleepover and decided to tackle her (her words now) bushy eyebrows, I came downstairs the next day and at first thought she had slept very rough as her eyebrows looked odd, she finally admitted to plucking them out a few hours later as I wouldn't let it drop.  We had to make a trip into town to buy an eyebrow pencil to make her look human again - silly girl, i'm hoping shes learnt her lesson on that score.

I got my copy of The Scrapbook Magazine in the post today, I was asked to do a 5 layout article on photo corners.  It was surprisingly hard to come up with 5 different ideas, a photo corner is after all a photo corner.  I'm going to share a couple now:












This was taken just before Christmas, Jessica was giving her new step cousin a cuddle and actually enjoying it!  I used ribbon and butterflies for this corner.

And this one of my family playing monopoly on the ipad.




1 comment:

  1. So sorry to hear about your gran, even if it's time it's never easy x

    I'd wondered where you had got to! Glad you're back x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...