Monday 6 August 2012

Meet Janey

This Saturday, at the grand old age of 37, I bought my first ever car.  My Gran died in April this year and she left me some money, I haven't had it yet but I do know roughly how much it will be.  This weekend when I was informed what I would be getting, we went car shopping.

I am sure some of you UKers will gasp in horror, but I went for an automatic, they have always fascinated me and although I can use gears/clutch and I think I have good clutch control and am reasonably confident about it, why (as my good friend Mandy says) use a twin tub when you can have a washing machine?

Another good thing as far as I am concerned is that there is so little choice in Autos, so I didn't get bamboozled, in the size of car I wanted there were 2, and so I test drove and chose Janey  (Named after my gran!)


I pick her up in just over an hour and I am so excited I could just about explode, after 37 years I will be able to go where I want when I want, also thanks to my grans money I have got a really nice, reliable (I hope!) little car that should last me many years, I don't have to drive an old banger!

2 comments:

  1. So pleased for you Emma. I think your Nan would have been so chuffed : )
    Ade prefers automatics too and moans about my car (as it's the family car) all the time. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I just wanted to ask if you ever have any trouble with hackers?
    My last blog (wordpress) was hacked and I ended up losing many
    months of hard work due to no back up. Do you have any
    methods to stop hackers?

    my webpage; Buy A Used Car In Uganda

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...